The AFE Foundation is a registered, not-for-profit, charitable corporation organized for scientific and educational purposes. The AFE Foundation focuses its activities and programs in the areas of engineering, science, research and education for the benefit of the general public, including.
The objective of the foundation is to expand the availability of resources across the whole of the Facilities Engineering profession.
"Giving back to the profession" is the main reason most people give for donating to the Foundation. "I got so much" is the reason they want to help develop the programs through the AFE foundation, so that Universities, colleges, and private learning institutions can all benefit from the profession — and grow with it.
The specific purposes of the AFE Foundation is to
- Advance the application of technology in the operation and management of facilities and related systems.
- Encourage and support studies and development of related technology, applications and management, and to make the results of such activities available to the general public.
- Enhance the development and application of related science and technology, and the application and management thereof, through discussion, publication, and dissemination of information; sponsorship of scientific and technical symposia, colloquia, and meetings.
- Promote cooperation among other technical, professional and governmental organizations whose objectives are compatible with AFE Foundation purposes.
- Establish scholarships for the furtherance of the profession.
- Be the recipient of, and make, contributions, grants, and awards in furtherance of the AFE Foundation.
To give to your profession click here.
More information about the AFE Foundation can be found here.
Message from the AFE Foundation President